The Coalition of Behavioral Health Agencies, Inc
1. Demonstrate adequate knowledge of current DSM an understanding of AXIS 1 diagnosis, providing psycho-ed services in group, individual and family settings (wellness; community integration; vocational services).
2. Work environment requires flexibility, with on and off site work locations, working as part of an interdisciplinary team and also individually.
3. Manages caseload in terms of: scheduling appointments, completes documentation, completes treatment plan reviews, correspondence, provides direct service to community
4. Assists in the planning, developing and implementation of goals and training to further develop participants' skills.
1. Master's degree in rehabilitation counseling, social work or related field.
2. One year of training and/or experience in vocational assessment, job exploration and skills development in choosing, getting and maintaining employment, employment counseling or vocational rehabilitation.
3. Experience working with behavioral health population preferred.
4. Computer proficiency, including the ability to use email, navigate and enter all documentation into electronic medical record.
5. Valid driver's license and vehicle required - candidates are subjects to regulatory background checks.
The Coalition of Behavioral Health Agencies, Inc. is the umbrella advocacy organization of New York's behavioral health community, representing over 100 non-profit community based behavioral health agencies that serve more than 350,000 clients in the five boroughs of New York City and its environs. Founded in 1972, The Coalition is membership supported along with foundation and government funding for special purpose advocacy training and technical assistance projects.