Allina Health System
Substance Abuse Counselor II
New Ulm, Minnesota
Substance Abuse Residential
Hours Per Week
Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90 clinics, 13 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
New Ulm Medical Center, located in south central Minnesota, seeks to be a national model for rural health. New Ulm Medical Center is an award-winning, full-service health care campus, providing an array of patient care services through its integrated clinic and hospital, in addition to home health, hospice and ambulance services. Specialty services include Virginia Piper Cancer Center, Minneapolis Heart Institute, Courage Kenny Rehabilitation InstituteTM, the Birth Center and John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute. With 500 employees, 50 providers and 35 staffed beds, New Ulm Medical Center serves 70,000 patients annually. Hearts Beat Back: The Heart of New Ulm is an award-winning 10-year initiative to significantly reduce heart attacks among residents in the community of New Ulm and is a collaborative partnership of the Minneapolis Heart Institute Foundation, New Ulm Medical Center and the community of New Ulm.
Req ID: 43646
- Screens for appropriateness of admission
- Participates in the comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessment of the patient
- Reassesses patient at regular intervals
- Assesses family dynamics in relation to the implications for treatment and successful recovery
- Treatment planning
- Discharge planning
- Getting family involved in treatment process
- Individual/family/group counseling
- Provides appropriate education to the patient and family
- Identifies assignments for patients and families to work on
- Addresses educational needs and strengths of patients and families in order to provide safe, responsible care
- Classroom training in chemical dependency counseling, as defined by certification or licensure requirements
- Training in family dynamics and treatment issues for families is required
- Bachelors degree in the behavioral sciences desirable
- At least six months of internship or employment in a treatment program
- Good communication skills, and ability to work as part of a team
- Interest and skill in facilitating groups, and providing education in a group setting
- Licensed in MN as an alcohol and drug counselor
- CPR and First Aid Certification required (can be obtained after hire)
NOTE: At the time of hire, the counselors must sign a statement attesting to at least two years of freedom from a chemical use problem immediately preceding their hire.
- Work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday.
- This position is full-time and benefits eligible.
- This position is primarily for residential programming and daytime outpatient programming.
- Position is located out of the New Ulm office.
New Ulm is nestled just 90 miles southwest of the Twin Cities, in the heart of the Minnesota River Valley. The town is famous for its authentic German heritage, celebrated in festivals, historic monuments, attractions, shopping and many cultural events. Three school systems, complemented by numerous parks, safe neighborhoods and abundant recreational opportunities, make New Ulm an outstanding place both to live and work.
- Located 90 miles southwest of the Twin Cities
- Population = 13,210
- Service Area = 40,000
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EO M/F/Disability/Vet Employer.
Mental Health / Social Svcs
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Allina Health System
Website : http://www.allinahealth.org
Allina Hospitals & Clinics is now Allina Health. Our new name better defines who we are and what we do. Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin.