Programs / Events, Communications and Outreach
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. (WPV) is a volunteer-driven, nonprofit membership organization that helps older adults age better by assisting them with route tasks to enhance their independence and remain active in their communities. This position performs a variety of duties to support the WPV mission, its members and volunteers, and promote the organization in the communities we serve.
Primary duties include helping develop and execute WPV programs/events; creating and updating communications; establishing awareness of WPV and maintaining community relations; and helping recruit volunteers, members, and service providers. Assists with WPV member services and other office operational duties as needed.
- Coordinate, develop, implement, promote, and oversee WPV programs and events. Serve as primary lead for the planning, execution, and assessment of ongoing programs/events;
- Work with the Executive Director (ED), WPV staff, and community partners to identify and create new programs and/or events including speakers, program structure and venues. Assist with soliciting donations for events as needed. In conjunction with the ED, determine the frequency for scheduling and execution of various programs and maintain a WPV calendar of events.
- Responsible for promoting WPV in the community to increase awareness about services/programs. Develop and maintain relationships with individuals and community organizations that can provide volunteers, members, service providers and other support to WPV members and the organization. Through outreach efforts, also identify potential sponsors, donors and service providers support. Assist with WPV communications and marketing/promotion efforts. This includes updating and/or developing presentations, website/social media content, and other communications (e.g., flyers, newsletters, advertisements). Identify volunteer recruiting sources and maintain/update postings as needed. Help identify and develop relationships with new community partners for potential speakers, venues and/or donations. Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and other service providers to coordinate programs and/or events and solicit new vendors/providers as needed. Assist in supporting other fundraising activities as needed such as developing fundraising programs/activities (e.g., car donation, legacy program, annual pledge, other donor fundraising events). Help establish and maintain WPV donor and sponsor databases.
General office support
- Provide customer service through phone coverage and handling of email communications. Receive and respond to members service requests including inputting member requests into the scheduling system. As needed, assist with other office operational duties such as screening, interviewing, and completing background/reference checks for volunteers and service providers. Serve as back-up to and support other position duties as required. Provide direct services for members, including transportation if necessary. Assist with various other duties as assigned to support the WPV Staff/Board, members, volunteers and the operation as needed.
- 3-5 years business/office work experience, ideally in the field of customer service, program development, and/or event planning- Excellent verbal and written communication skills- Excellent interpersonal, and customer service skills- Project management and strong organizational skills- Deadline oriented and ability to accomplish tasks on time- Ability to multi-task and work in an environment with frequent interruptions- Problem solving and analytical skills required- Teamwork oriented, with the ability to also work independently with minimal guidance/supervision- Ability to exercise good judgment and decision making in day-to-day activities; may involve handling crisis situations with clients- Ability to maintain highly sensitive/personal confidential information is required- Computer technology skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suites required. Experience with web content management, email marketing (e.g. Mail Chimp), and social media preferred- Prior experience working with a non-profit and/or start-up organization a plus- Bachelors degree preferred.
This is a part-time 20 hours per week position with a minimum of 4 days per week and 4 hours per day.
**Job Type**: Part-time