SovHealth Treatment Centers.
Sovereign Health Group is one of the fastest, growing organizations that specializes in the treatment of addiction, mental health and dual diagnosis treatment programs for adults and adolescents including support for the family. Sovereign Health Group is committed to our patients and our staff. Sovereign Health Group is Joint Commission Accredited and listed on the Inc.s 5000 fastest growing companies.
The Counselor manages and provides services in treatment of patients with dual diagnosis. They utilize case history to do individual, group and family therapy techniques, administration, community organization, consultation, teaching, research and planning. They are responsible for Case Management of allocated cases. The Counselor reports to the Program Director or their designated representative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Interviews patients, their relatives and/or agency personnel to obtain complete psychosocial case histories on each assigned patients.
2. Assesses each assigned patient to evaluate individual needs for recovery.
3. Observes, evaluates and reports on behavior, attitudes, general emotional maturity and stability of family members to help them assist the patient in his/her treatment program and discharge planning.
4. Conducts individual, group and family counseling sessions (flexible hours including weekends).
5. Participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings with other professional staff members, doctors and counselors to discuss evaluate and develop treatment plans.
6. Interprets treatment plans, goals and disposition to the family. Assists the family in working with the clinical staff towards treatment goals.
7. Records interventions and interactions with patients, families and community agencies in progress notes of patients charts.
8. Co-ordinates discharge planning for all assigned patients. Assists in developing aftercare plans.
9. Completes appropriate documentation in charts, follows treatment plans and clinical progress.
10. Responds to all social services consulting requests by physicians on assigned patients.
11. Attends interdisciplinary staff meetings, case conferences, program team meetings, in-service trainings and other meetings when appropriate.
12. Maintains ethical actions and decisions with regard to all professional duties.
13. Records interventions and interactions with patients. Assists the family in working with the clinical staff toward treatment goals.
14. Assesses and plans for the social needs of individuals.
15. Assists with new admissions when requested.
16. Other duties as assigned (ex. Biofeedback training).
17. Maintains compliance with HIPPA regulations, ADA and Joint Commission policies and procedures.
18. Is willing to assist and utilize skills within the company to support growth and development.
Qualifications and Experience:
The candidate must have relevant coursework and experience in dual-diagnosis/mental health and experience with adults in a residential setting is preferred. They must possess a degree in counseling or psychology from an accredited graduate school, current state license, certification, or intern registration. They must maintain valid auto insurance and a driving record of 3 or fewer points. The individual must be willing to work with a wide variety of symptoms related to mental health. The counselor will also be willing to work with multi-cultural populations and have an understanding of cultural diversity. The candidate must pass FBI/DOJ clearance and must be CPR/FA certified.
Skills and Competency:
The Candidate will show skills and competency in working with patients from undertaking assessments (including risk), planning and delivery of care and review of effective methods of interventions in order to shape continuing service provision which will meet the needs of individuals.
The candidate will have the ability to listen actively when spoken to and effectively communicate their thoughts to others. They will be sensitive to religious, ethnic and cultural differences in others and show respect and empathy. They will be able to work alone but also in a team, with fellow staff, in the business setting and will actively seek out advice and/or guidance in order to solve problems. The Candidate will have good time management skills and will actively seek to accomplish tasks and be able to use a variety of methods and ideas to solve problems whilst also being open to suggestions from others in order to find solutions.
_Sovereign Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status._
Medical, Dental & Vision
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
SovHealth Treatment Centers.
Website : http://www.sovcal.com
Simply put, the mission of the Sovereign Health Group is to help people gain control over their health and the various illnesses that may threaten it. Whether it is a mental disorder or a substance addiction, serious behavioral health problems such as these can manipulate one’s thoughts and cripple his or her actions. Sovereign’s approach combines the best of both worlds, incorporating a wide range of resources while still honing in on particular areas of concern. First of all, we view each patient with a holistic lens that identifies all of his or her specific needs. Once these needs are acknowledged, our multidisciplinary approach allows us to focus on creating treatment plans that provide patients with a full spectrum of behavioral health services that work for them respectively. Also, all of our programs incorporate educational elements to strengthen cognition and equip patients with the tools necessary to survive in day-to-day life after treatment.