**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
DAV is the most long-lasting veterans advocacy and assistance group in this country. We've watched this country change and grow, and we've grown along with it. However, DAV has never wavered in its core mission to fulfill our country's promises to the men and women who served. We invite everyone, veterans and civilian, men and women, young and old, to join us as we stand up for those veterans who risked it all when they stood up for us, our country, and our ideals.
The Department of Oregon Disabled American Veterans (DAV) has a vacancy for the position of Hospital Service Coordinator.
You will assist the Office HSC Supervisor to:
1. Assure the transportation needs of Veterans are met
2. Schedule vans and confirm transportation with Veterans. 3. Keep accurate records for the DAV Transportation Network
4. Recruit transportation volunteers
5. Publicize the DAV Transportation Network.
6. Document and Report any issues to the DAV Department Director of Services and the HSC Supervisor immediately.
1. Applicant must possess excellent communication skills and the ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and age groups.
2. Applicant must have strong conflict resolution skills and the ability to work with difficult clients while working towards equitable solutions.
3. Must be able to pass a Federal background check with the VA
4. Must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
5. Be able to use Microsoft office Suite and do basic computer functions.
6. Be a veteran, preferred not required
No benefits, being defined as: sick pay, annual leave/paid time off, health insurance or retirement funds, will be paid or provided by DAV. On- site parking is provided by the VA, in accordance with VA Medical Center parking regulations.
$15 per hour 25 hours per week- No Overtime authorized