We are currently seeking a full-time Substance Abuse Counselor 1 for our Tigard facility. Hours are 5:15 AM-1:45 PM Tuesday-Friday and Saturday 6:00 AM to 12:00 PM.
Allied Health Services Tigard, a member of Acadia Healthcares Comprehensive Treatment Centers, is a part of the leader in medication assisted treatment for individuals struggling with an opioid addiction. With full-circle care that includes a blend of therapies and the use of safe and effective medications, we are prepared to treat the entire problem, not just a piece of it.
The Counselor I is a counseling professional who provides treatment and support to assist patients receiving care in their recovery from addictions, such as alcoholism, drug addiction, eating disorders, or other behavioral problems; assists with modifying problem behaviors; may also provide counseling services to families of patients receiving care through an outpatient setting.
- Conducts individual counseling sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- Conducts group and/or family sessions, under supervision, as scheduled and documents as required;
- May co-facilitate assigned group or family sessions;
- Responsible for initial assessments, as well as follow up assessment, for patients;
- Prepares individual treatment plans for each assigned patient;
- Ensures all documentation regarding patient care, treatment and incidents is completed timely and in a clear, concise manner;
- May act as a liaison between referral sources and patients;
- Provides crisis intervention to patients, as needed;
- May plan for aftercare for assigned patients;
- May act as a liaison with insurance carriers, as requested;
- May provide case management duties for patients, ensuring individualized quality care;
- Evaluates patient needs and determines if referrals to other programs or facilities are needed; and,
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- HS graduate or equivalent required; prefer bachelors degree in social or health services field from an accredited college or university
- No previous experience in field required. Experience in counseling field instruction/internship or similar practicum through education or certification process
- CADC I or ability to obtain within six months of hire; OR state license or certification eligible within the time-frame designated by the clinics individual guidance.
We offer a competitive benefits package to all full-time employees including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Company paid group term life insurance.
Job ID: 2018-7617
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job: .
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Headquartered in Franklin, Tennessee, Acadia Healthcare was established in January 2005 to develop and operate a network of behavioral health facilities across the country. Acadia provides psychiatric and chemical dependency services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, specialty treatment facilities, residential treatment centers, outpatient clinics and therapeutic school-based programs. Acadia Healthcares mission is to create a world-class organization that sets the standard of excellence in the treatment of specialty behavioral health and addiction disorders. Acadias management style and philosophy is one of collaboration and flexibility as we create an energetic and team oriented service delivery system. Our organization values input from employees, physicians, and all strategic alliances. Contact Info
- Tigard, OR
- Ken Dugan
Dont miss out on new jobs like this
Get the latest jobs delivered to your inbox. Unsubscribe at any time.
Create Job Alert
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.
Maximum Email Alerts
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Enter your details to join Resume-Library and apply for this role
This email already exists
Enter your password to login and apply
Forgotten your password?
Website : http://www.acadiahealthcare.com/
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, Acadia Healthcare was established in January 2006 to develop and operate a network of behavioral health centers across the country. Acadia provides premier psychiatric and chemical dependency services to its patients in a variety of settings, including inpatient psychiatric hospitals, residential treatment centers and outpatient clinics and therapeutic school based programs.