connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)connection to 192.168.30.166:3312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused)
If you are interested in becoming part of the AmeriCorps Organization in partnership with AMIkids.
We are looking for an AmeriCorps AMIkids Team Leader for Clay County (Green Cove Springs, FL)
About AMIkids Clay County: Founded in 2015, AMIkids Clay County is a private nonprofit, gender specific prevention program, which creates an environment that teaches boys incarceration is not their future and shows them how to prepare for the responsibilities that come from being a strong, positive male figure in their families and community. We take a holistic approach to treating the youth in our care by using the AMIkids evidence-based Personal Growth Model© (APGM©) and the AMIkids Day Treatment Model which has been deemed a promising model. The APGM© and Day Treatment Model are a seamless continuum of care encompassing educational; vocational; behavior modification; and gender specific treatment including trauma informed care to ensure we are treating the youth as a whole and touching on any and all possible needs.
Every youth referred to AMIkids for Prevention and gender services will participate in hands-on educational, behavior modification, and treatment geared toward male influences set in a gender responsive environment. All programming is individualized based on assessment, learning style and educational status and desires.
Team Leader Member serves as a mentor for at- risk youth. The members are serving in partnership with AMIkids and agree to abide by the mission & vision of the agency.
Member Type: Half Time | Achieving 900 Hours
Service Time: 8am-8pm week days, 10am-7pm weekends (member would serve within these timeframes, not necessarily the entire duration).
This does not include in-service obligations or other service obligations, which a member will be notified to in advance.
The Team Leader will lead quarter time AmeriCorps members in weekly meetings with assistance from Career Coordinators, support all AmeriCorps members, and participate in Monthly calls with AmeriCorps Program director.
Provide Job Coaching to Mentees in the following areas:
* How to identify jobs meeting their abilities,
* How to complete an employment application,
* When and how to follow-up on submitted applications,
* How to prepare for an interview,
* How to dress for an interview,
* What to do when actually at the interview and closure of the interview,
* Where to find resources to help the mentee in their pursue of employment,
* Ensure transportation was identified and arrive at interview timely.
Provide Mentee's Self-Development in the following areas:
* How to make appropriate decisions and positive life choices,
* Developing critical thinking skills,
* Developing problem solving skills,
* Building communication skills,
* Building effective interpersonal relationships,
* A self-awareness (understanding their own character, feelings, motives, desires, strengths and weaknesses),
* Staying focused on goals,
The Team Leader will also:
* Plan and coordinate activities that engage students in the local community- community inclusion,
* Develop and implement individualized experiential activities (i.e. computer training, community safety, travel training, etc.),
* Develop and implement social activities and provide social mentoring (i.e., friendship mentoring, relationship mentoring, exploring interests and hobbies),
* Meet Career Coordinator weekly to provide student progress and member performance ,
* Prepare reports and compile data for all mentoring activities to be submitted to On-Site Supervisor and AmeriCorps Program Director quarterly,
* Attend mandatory AmeriCorps monthly meetings,
* Attend mandatory National Days of Service-September 11th, MLK Day,
* Abide by all service site policies and procedures as well as adhere to all AmeriCorps policies per the AmeriCorps handbook.
* High school diploma/GED OR working toward attaining a high school diploma or GED during their term of service. Member must agree to obtain either a diploma or GED before using an education award,
* 21 years of age in order to serve as an AmeriCorps member with AMIkids,
* Member must pass all required Background screenings,
* Member must be a citizen, national, or lawful permanent resident of the United States.
* Educational Award contingent upon successful completion of service.
* Bi-weekly living allowance for half time service hours
* Student loan forbearance and interest payments, if the member qualifies
AMIkids Inc., Equal Employment Opportunity Employer * Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled * Drug-Free Workplace