Volunteer and Donations Coordinator
Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care
$35,000 to $37,500 Annually
401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Why Work Here?
“LOCALLY OWNED and rapidly growing organization committed to employee satisfaction and high quality patient care.”
A Volunteer Coordinator, operating within the framework of the mission and philosophy of Hospice, provides sufficient volunteers to meet the needs of patients, families and employees, according to Medicare regulations. Following the interdisciplinary team plan of care, coordinates volunteers to serve the patients, family members and employees while being mindful of the confidentiality rights of all. Collaborates and communicates with the case manager and other interdisciplinary team members. Participates actively in meeting the goals and objectives of the hospice organization. Ensures documentation of all volunteer activities within the organization. Demonstrates an ongoing commitment to his/her own professional growth.
• Represents Hospice and its volunteer program positively throughout the community in education, outreach and volunteer recruitment programs.
• Responds to all inquiries from volunteers and other organizations in a timely manner.
• Conducts face to face interview with all potential volunteers.
• Devises and implements volunteer recruitment strategies to ensure the fulfillment of patients’, families’, and employees’ needs in a timely manner.
checks for all volunteers in accordance with Federal, State and hospice regulations.
• Attends and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings and adheres to the plan of care to meet identified needs.
• Assigns volunteers, while considering interests and skills to
and program needs.
• Maintains regular contact and open communication with all volunteers.
• Ensures completion of Patient/Family Satisfaction Surveys as assigned by Corporate Volunteer Coordinator.
• Informs volunteers of, and participate in hospice in-service trainings as provided.
• Organizes annual Volunteer Appreciation event.
• Utilizes effective communication skills both verbally and nonverbally with the patient/family, showing courtesy and respect of the patient’s rights at all times.
• Serves as a patient/family advocate
Administrative duties as needed
Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care
Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care is a Christian Principled company striving to meet those principles through the care we provide. ****Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care is one of the oldest hospice providers in the State of Kansas with its approval to provide Medicare hospice services originating in 1991 and supporting many counties throughout the Kansas City , Lawrence and Topeka areas. Kansas Hospice Care is locally owned and locally managed with a high level of executive level support for the team.
Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care is a community based hospice care organization dedicated to hospice care and focused on meeting or exceeding our patients' individual medical, emotional and spiritual needs, while making each remaining moment as meaningful as possible.
Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care utilizes electronic medical records, laptops and Internet enabled phones to reduce charting time and improve communication for our team.
Kansas Palliative & Hospice Care employees are experts in taking care of seniors in the home. Most hospice service providers prefer to take care of hospice patients in facilities such as assisted living facilities, nursing homes, hospitals or in-patient facilities.
6828 Silverheel St.