Therapeutic Recreation Specialists are responsible for assessing recreation goals and needs of Participants, creating recreation plan with Participant, caregivers and staff to develop and implement a plan and programming to accomplish the goals and needs. And keeping record of Pt's progress.
Assessment and Documentation:
* Interview and assess Participant on admission, at semi annual, annual and significant change of condition reviews as needed and scheduled on monthly UAS schedule
* Take initial photo of Participant during initial assessment
* Place photo in shared GCC photo drive appropriate file
* Provide copy to HSM and Regionl GCC Manager
* Create a plan of care with Participant, caregivers and staff based on Participant's goals, wants, needs and abilities
* Ensure assessment and care plan are specific to uniqueness of Participant and completed on time
* Attend Case Conference to present plan of care
* Report to IDT any changes noted regarding Participants
* Provide IDT with ideas for therapeutic interventions to assist in quality of care for Participants
* Other assessment and documentation work as assigned
* Conduct group therapeutic programs at site (PACE and ACS) – based on goals, desires and needs of Participants
* Tailor therapeutic interventions to address physical and cognitive levels of participants as well as their leisure and cultural preferences
* Document – group therapeutic interventions - specific to each Participant
* Share information on Participant goals with GCC team – so everyone is working with Pt to accomplish them
* Conduct individual therapeutic interventions in Pt's home – based on goals and needs of Participants
* Educate Participants, HHAs, family members and caregivers on therapeutic activities that can be used in home to engage Participant, stimulate senses, build and strengthen physical and cognitive skills, thus improving quality of life
* Document – in home therapeutic inventions
* Provide basic supplies and instructions to keep Participants engaged in therapeutic activities both in home and at site
* Tailor programs to uniqueness and abilities of individual
* Track progress of Participants as result of therapeutic interventions: to validate success of therapeutic interventions or need to find another avenue of intervention
* Other therapeutic intervention work as assigned
* Welcome New Participants to program – work with site staff to ensure Participant feels welcome and comfortable. Provide new Participants with a welcome packet.
* Conduct Participant Satisfaction and Activity Surveys as assigned
* File grievances on issues, complaints, etc brought up by Participants (both in home and site)
* Report immediately to IDT and Regional GCC Manager any comments of dissatisfaction or satisfaction received from Participants
* Assist, where applicable, on resolution of grievances.
* Other Participant Satifisfaction work as assigned
Increased Attendance Initiative
* Work with site staff to bring non-GCC attending Participants to GCC
* Work with site staff to ensure new Participants attend GCC
* Work with site staff on programs that will bring family, caregivers, friends and members of community to GCC
* Provide home based Participants with monthly activity calendars.
* Support and encourage their attendance and participation at GCC
* Other increased attendance work as assigned
* Attend Morning Report, as assigned:
* Record and share applicable info with MR team
* Keep notebook of MR notes
* Share MR info with GCC team: GCC Coordinator, PAs, Reg GCC Mgr
* Attend Weekly GCC Meeting:
* Work with team on planning activity and therapeutic GCC Programs
* Ideas for Increased Attendance and Census Initiatives, etc.
* Required, as needed, to cover other TRSs and GCC Coordinators in assigned area
* Case Conference
* GCC Coverage
* Weekend Coverage
Time Management and Organization:
* Maintain Outlook Calendar of Programs, Home Visits, Meetings, etc.
* Share with Regional GCC Manager
* Keep Capacity Tool Log – recording activities of each day
* Share with Regional GCC Manager at end of each month
Materials and Supplies Management
* Ensure recreational therapy supplies are maintained in orderly fashion
* Create lists of needed supplies and provide to GHC Program Manager for approval and ordering
* Advise GHC Program Manager of broken supplies and equipment requiring repair or replacement
* Ensure necessary GHC closets are locked when not in use to ensure Participant safety
* Forward supply invoices to GHC Program Manager for processing
* Other materials and supplies management duties as assigned
Education and Certification:
* Stay current on new therapeutic recreation and alternative therapy techniques, projects and programs. Keep current on technology and trends in creative field of recreation therapy.
* Share knowledge with other TRSs
* Performs consistent with organization's mission and philosophy.
* Performs job responsibilities according to organization's policies. Seeks clarification when needed.
* Assumes responsibility for assignments given, seeks supervision appropriately, and is accountable for work performance. Meets productivity guidelines.
* Maintains proper documentation (updated, timely, legible) related to patient care, whether paper or electronic.
* Maintains HIPAA standards and confidentiality of PHI.
* Supports staff, student, and volunteer orientation and ongoing inservice education as requested.
* Supports organizational activities by participating in quality improvement activities, special projects, internal and/or external committees, community activities and other duties as assigned.
* Serves as role model for peers and colleagues.
* Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development; maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills.
* Treats other CenterLight employees respectfully and facilitates an environment of teamwork.
* Initiates, if appropriate, incident reporting process, and participates in incident investigation and reporting as applicable.
* Performs general office duties in connection with job responsibilities, including but not limited to photocopies, faxing, typing, filing, and phone calls.
* Makes the needs of participants their central focus, and finds innovative ways to provide an exceptional experience.
* Develops and maintains positive customer relationships (customer is defined as co-workers, participants, visitors, vendors, supervisors).
* Communicates with customers in a caring, helpful, considerate and culturally sensitive manner.
* Demonstrates a thorough understanding of customer needs and wants and attempts to anticipate and meet customer needs.
* Suggests and implements customer-centered service improvements.
* Encourages customers to engage with CenterLight employees and CenterLight activities.
* Utilizes service recovery techniques to resolve issues quickly and to the customer's satisfaction. Immediately reports customer dissatisfaction to IDT for follow-up.
* Bachelor's Degree in allied field acceptable with appropriate work experience.
* Master's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Creative Arts Therapy preferred.
* 1 year Therapeutic Recreation experience preferred
* CTRS or LCAT preferred
* Bilingual in one of the dominant languages of Particiants at assigned site preferred.
* Language may be required / specified in specific positions / locations.
* Able to physically perform job duties, pass a pre-employment and annual physical thereafter.
* Able to lift at least 15lbs
* Able to travel to and from participant homes and other business locations:
* Current Driver's License, required insurance and car available for work is preferred, or ability to use public transportation to get to required locations
* May be required to work at alternate PACE site in region.
* Good organizational, observation, communication and judgment skills,
* Is self-directed with ability to work with or without supervision.
* Demonstrated ability to establish good rapport with participants and peers is essential.
* Tactful and courteous.
* Kind and Pleasant Manner, both in person and on telephone.
* Excellent written and verbal communication.
* Professional attitude
* Proficient in use of a computer for email, word processing, research, and maintenance of Participant records