Program Facilitator-Substance Abuse
Top of the World Ranch has partnered with the Robert Young Center to establish a new residential addiction treatment program in Milan IL and is now accepting applications for employment for the Program Facilitator. This position will be responsible for supporting and assisting our residential clients, our clinical programming, the general operation of the treatment program and all areas where extra assistance can be performed. This will role will pay a key part at Top of the World Ranch by assigning with the development of the residential program for clients and providing substance abuse treatment and services to the clients and their families.
Follow established procedures and document proper oversight of residential treatment services.
Facilitate discussion groups focusing on topics of recovery and coping skills while supporting and instructing in recovery strategies and assisting clients in homework assignments.
Support fellow staff members in decision making in confidential manner.
Motivate clients to positive lifestyle change by encouraging and facilitating healthy daily activities including physical exercise, modeling healthy boundaries, promoting healthy communication skills, reinforcing seminar topics and teaching the joys of sober life.
Provide constructive entertainment and activities; seek out community events that enhance clients stay.
Provide transportation for clients as needed.
Treatment & Admissions
Upon inquiry by potential clients, provide necessary information to prospective clients and complete Minimum Information Record and provide to counselor or clinical director for approval.
Assist clients with intake process to include warm and compassionate greeting, unpacking belongings, completing/signing necessary paperwork, complete inventory of items to be stored including medications, conduct facility tour and provide overview of daily routines. Explain client expectations & responsibility during their stay.
Conducts urinalysis collection with clients as deemed necessary.
Provides substance abuse treatment and any other identified services to clients and their families on a residential basis.
Monitors and documents progress of clients using the implemented communication tools
Accurately monitors medication use via the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
Clerical & General
· Provide reception (phone and physical) services for facility as needed.
· Perform light administrative duties to include, assembling files for future clients, updating communication boards, minutes at staff meetings or group meetings as needed.
· Documenting check-in / check-out meetings for clients.
· Ensure motion sensors, smoke detectors, fire extinguishers etc are functioning properly in cooperation with facility Maintenance staff. Assist in periodic inspections to ensure proper functioning as per policy.
· Periodic inspection and log of vehicle conditions as per policy.
Prepares and submits reports as deemed necessary.
Participates in any quality assurance program and seeks to continuously improve the program within fiscal and departmental parameters.
Basic UPH Performance Criteria
· Demonstrates the UnityPoint Health Values and Standards of Behaviors as well as adheres to policies and procedures and safety guidelines.
· Demonstrates ability to meet business needs of department with regular, reliable attendance.
· Employee maintains current licenses and/or certifications required for the position.
· Practices and reflects knowledge of HIPAA, TJC, DNV, OSHA and other federal/state regulatory agencies guiding healthcare.
· Completes all annual education and competency requirements within the calendar year.
· Is knowledgeable of hospital and department compliance requirements for federally funded healthcare programs (e.g. Medicare and Medicaid) regarding fraud, waste and abuse. Brings any questions or concerns regarding compliance to the immediate attention of hospital administrative staff. Takes appropriate action on concerns reported by department staff related to compliance.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Previous experience with substance abuse and addiction treatment, especially in a residential setting.
Valid driver’s license when driving any vehicle for work-related reasons.
Knowledge of the addiction and specific attention to characteristics and behaviors of both individual and groups
Knowledge of computer software programs, as well as utilization of a case management program.
Knowledge of modern drug/alcohol services and programs
Ability to work with diverse populations of clients
Ability to maintain a harmonious working relationship with various agencies, as well as departmental personnel.
Ability to facilitate groups and individual treatment for adults.
Skills in communicating clearly
Ability to work therapeutically with individual clients and their families
Ability to separate emotional involvement and make necessary referrals to other agencies and/or providers, as deemed necessary.
Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
Ability to maintain integrity in the profession despite legal and/or outside influences
Ability to operate a computer with a moderate level of proficiency
Ability to work evening shifts, over night shifts, weekends and/or hold weekend groups if deemed necessary
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Requisition ID: 2018-44576
Street: 2701 17th St
Name: 6020 UnityPoint Health QC Trinity
Name: Top of the World Ranch-JV
FTE (Numeric Only; Ex. 0.01): .01
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Scheduled Hours/Shift: Hours will vary - 4 to 10hr shifts
External Company URL: http://www.unitypoint.org
Website : http://www.unitypoint.org
Our team of professionals communicates with you to clearly and effectively address your health care in the most appropriate setting: whether that is a clinic, a hospital or at home. Our 24,000 employees, including home care experts, our hospital teams and more than 3,500 doctors and specialists, focus on your care, your concerns and your health. We are constantly looking for better ways to work together to improve the way health care is delivered.