Volunteer Coordinator-HC - Full Time - Cedar City Home Care
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***.? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And itâ€™s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary
Being a part of **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all aspects of the Hospice Volunteer Program in their local office(s). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: recruiting, training, supervising, and retaining volunteers.
Essential Job Duties
1. Maintains knowledge of current regulatory guidelines and **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. policies and ensures operations are in compliance.
Coordinates placement of volunteers in an efficient and timely manner to meet patient/ family/ hospice program needs.
1. Assigns volunteers based on identified patient/family needs and skills of the volunteer.
2. Participates in interdisciplinary team meetings/patient care conference to report on volunteers activities (i.e. services provided, frequency of visits, etc.).
3. Communicates changes in the plan of care to the volunteers as appropriate.
4. Maintains regular communication with active volunteers to solicit information about involvement with patient and families
Establishes and implements recruitment and retention strategies and activities.
1. Recruits and trains volunteers to meet the changing needs of the organization.
2. Carries out recruitment activities in compliance with all applicable policy, legal and affirmative action requirements.
3. Develops and provides annual recognition for volunteers.
Fosters teamwork, healthy morale and promotes orderly flow of information within the organization.
1. Coaches, models and acts as a resource for volunteers. Is accessible to the staff, volunteers and managers.
Maintains a competent volunteer staff sufficient to meet needs.
1. Provides a comprehensive orientation (12 hrs.).
2. Provides ongoing educational activities based on assessment of volunteer learning needs, department needs/goals and the written volunteer education plan.
3. Provides timely and appropriate feedback including annual performance evaluations and assures completion of volunteer self-evaluations.
4. Facilitates conflict resolution as needed.
5. Motivates and coaches volunteers for optimal performance.
6. Maintains appropriate personnel files and documentation.
7. Establishes and monitors professional boundaries (self and volunteers).
Monitors that volunteers are recording interventions and communications utilizing appropriate forms and procedures consistent with agency policies.
1. Documents clearly and concisely (self and volunteers).
2. Maintains education records for volunteers.
3. Maintains record of hours of service provided by volunteers.
Entry Rate: $15.79 depending on experience.
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: 40 hours per week, standard business hours.
Department: Home Health - Cedar
Additional Details: The incumbent will be the Volunteer Coordinator for both St. George and Cedar City, and will need to travel between the two offices.
Two years related experience (i.e. customer service, recruitment, office coordination, etc.).
Demonstrated excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
Previous coordination or supervisory experience.
Demonstrated excellent organizational skills, ability to pay attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
Demonstrated competence with basic computer programs including word processing and spreadsheets.
Hearing/Listening, Seeing, Speaking
Bachelor's degree in related field
Previous experience as a volunteer
Comfortable working with terminally ill patients/families
All positions subject to close without notice.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. prohibits discrimination
on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Cedar City Homecare, HCS St George Homecare
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Cedar City, US-UT-St George